Welcome! If you’re reaching this page, you’re probably considering the purchase of new window treatments. Schammerhorn, Inc. is a full service, custom window treatment retailer, trained and experienced in all types of window coverings – motorized, automated, manual, one window – or 500… we can cover them all!
Not sure what the process looks like? Read on!
- If you aren’t sure what products or styles you’re looking for, or if you need design help, we highly recommend you start with this first step. We have an online gallery HERE on our website, you can check out our Instagram page (@schammerhorninc), or you can come visit us in our showroom to see our products in person. We’re located in the historic Delano District in Wichita, KS – just off the corner of Seneca & Douglas.
- Tip: If you bring pictures and approximate window sizes, we often have the ability to give you a ballpark quote while you’re here! Make sure to schedule an in-store appointment if this service is what you’re looking for. If you want to stop by as your schedule allows, plan on giving us 1-2 business days to get you a ballpark estimate.
- Know what products you want? Contact us HERE (or via phone 316-265-8659) to schedule your in home consultation. If you’re in or around the Wichita area, it’s complimentary! We travel too and only charge mileage if it’s farther than 25 miles from our storefront.
- What to expect: Our trained Sales Consultant will bring display books of the products you’re interested in. You’ll get a chance to see color options, discuss the best operating styles for your application, and receive recommendations if other options might be a better fit for your windows. Our consultant will measure your windows and get an estimate back to you within 1-2 business days.
- Tip: Make sure to have all decision makers (or opinion givers!) present for the in-home consultant. We can send you samples for most products, but it’s just not the same as being able to ask questions and look at the larger swatches in our display books in your home at the same time.
- After you’ve received your quote and are ready to move forward, we’ll ask for a 50% deposit to secure the order. Rest assured, we’ve been around since 1932 and we aren’t going anywhere! A 50% deposit is actually less than what you would pay at most box stores and online retailers (100% at time of order is typical). The rest of the payment is due after items have been installed.
- Once your product is ordered we have a fabulous Office Team that checks in on your order every week, emailing you with estimated lead times and any updates as necessary. Even if things haven’t changed, you’ll still hear from us! This helps you know exactly what to expect for arrival and install time with your products.
- Your installation gets scheduled when we physically receive your product at our showroom. You’ll be contacted with our first available opening and we’re happy to work with your schedule and ours to find the best time to install.
- Our Install Team will come out and give you 5 Star treatment! Product will be installed and you’ll be educated on how to use and operate your window treatments. Something comes in damaged or has an issue? We take care of it and keep you updated so you’re always in the loop!
- And lastly, the best part! You get to relax and enjoy your beautiful new window treatments. If you want to brag on us to your friends, we would love that too!
If you more questions, don’t hesitate to reach out HERE. Our showroom hours are Monday – Friday 8:30am-5:00pm and we’re happy to help. We can’t wait to start working with you!