STANDARD 1-YEAR WARRANTY AND EXTENDED SERVICES
Schammerhorn Inc. warrants that your new product is free from defects and workmanship errors and is covered under the Manufacturers’ Warranty (valid for the original purchaser only) specific to your product. In addition to the Manufacturers’ Warranty, all products sold and installed by Schammerhorn Inc. come with a 1-Year Warranty for the original purchaser, and any claim communications will be handled with priority status. The scope of our 1-Year Warranty is as follows:
- Includes no-cost coverage for: Parts, labor and any/all related service charges
- Excludes: Batteries, damage caused by misuse, abuse, accidents, or exposure to the elements, rental fees for scaffolding/lifts, mileage for out-of-town travel, and normal wear and tear.
After the first year, the Schammerhorn team remains committed to your satisfaction and to the full function of your products. We are proud to offer service and repair with standard service charges*, mileage for out of town travel*, product**, and labor* fees.
*Service charges, mileage, and labor fees are subject to change. Please contact the office for current rates.
**We will always work with the product manufacturer to obtain parts in accordance with the original manufacturer warranty. Parts no longer under warranty are a chargeable item and will be billed accordingly.
WARRANTY & REPAIR FAQS
Schammerhorn is willing to repair products, as able, which were not purchased through Schammerhorn. However, they are not eligible for the Schammerhorn 1-Year Warranty and may be ineligible for the manufacturer’s warranty. All repairs done on-site will include our minimum standard service charge as well as the cost of labor and parts at time of repair. Alternatively, you can bring your product to our store for assessment and repair.
Customer installations do not necessarily void a manufacturer warranty if installed properly; however, products that are not installed by Schammerhorn are not covered by the Schammerhorn’s 1-Year Warranty and are required to be returned to store for inspection for any/all warranty and/or defect/manufacturing claims. Please be advised that Schammerhorn and its Manufacturers take no liability for product defects caused by incorrect installation.
Site visits by Schammerhorn are only covered under no charge warranty if Schammerhorn sold and installed the product within the last year. All site visits and at-home inspections will be subject to our minimum service charge and labor at the time of the appointment.
Schammerhorn repairs the majority of shades in house or on-site. However, certain lift systems and repairs need to be sent to the factory. In this event, we’re happy to facilitate the repair with the Manufacturer as able.
- If the product falls within the Schammerhorn 1-Year Warranty period (as noted above), no additional costs will be incurred.
- If the product is outside the Schammerhorn 1-Year Warranty period, we will facilitate the repair and the customer will be billed for any shipping, handling, and repair costs.
- If your product is covered under the Manufacturer’s Warranty, the customer will be responsible for shipping/handling charges and other exclusionary charges listed above.
If you’d like an estimate on shipping/handling, and/or the cost of a repair, please reach out to our office using the contact information below.